lunes, 30 de marzo de 2015

Used / Be Used / Get Used

USES:
* Used to: Express a past routine or pattern.
* Be used to: Express when somebody is accustomed to something. It is a psychological statement.
* Get used to: Express when somebody turns accustomed to something. It is a process.

FORM:

*Used to:    Past tense      USED TO + INFINITIVE

*Be used to:                  BE (conjugado en el tiempo correspondiente) + USED TO + NOUN/-ING

*Get used to:             GET (conjugado en el tiempo correspondiente) + USED TO + NOUN/-ING


EXAMPLES:
I used to smoke cigarettes; now I smoke pipe.
He used to drink beer; now he drinks wine.
I am used to noise. I can sleep anyway.
I am used to working at night.
They will soon get used to driving on the left.

Links to exercises:
 Be used to - exercise 1
Used to - exercise 1
Mix 1
Mix 2
Mix 3




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario