lunes, 30 de marzo de 2015

Conditional Sentences

CONDICIÓN , RESULTADO
           IF      ,   PRINCIPAL

  • ZERO CONDITIONAL:
USE: To talk about situations that are ALWAYS true. Natural laws.
FORM:     IF + Present simple , Present simple

If you heat water to 100º, it boils.

  • FIRST CONDITIONAL:

USE: To refer to situations possible in the future.
FORM:     IF + Present simple , Future simple / Might / Could

If I finish all my homework, I will go to the cinema.

  • SECOND CONDITIONAL:
USE: To talk about situations that are improbable refering to present or future. Imaginary situations.
FORM:     IF + Past simple , Would +  infinitive

If I had a million pounds, I would travel around the world.

  • THIRD CONDITIONAL:
USE: To talk about situations that would have happened in the past with an imaginary result. Impossible situations.
FORM:     IF + Past perfect , Would + Past perfect

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario