martes, 30 de abril de 2019

Phrasal Verbs for COMMUNICATION: EXERCISES

Exercise 1
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the phrasal verbs. Use them only once.

ASK FOR     CALL BACK     CALL UP     COME BACK TO     GET BACK TO     HANG ON     HEAR FROM     HOLD BACK     HOLD ON     MAKE OUT     PUT TO     TALK TO     TURN DOWN

1. I will __________ when you are not so busy.

2. __________ a minute, I am not ready.

3. We always __________ the same point.

4. Please, leave a message and I will __________ you.

5. She wanted to ask his name, but something _____ her _____.

6. __________ a moment, please, I will put you through the marketing department.

7. He rang the office and __________ Martha.

8. The radio station had an open line on which listeners could __________ to discuss issues.

9. He asked me to help and I couldn't _____ him _____.

10. These are the sort of questions that I will be __________ the politicians.

11. The essay was full of complex ideas and it was hard to _____ them _____.

12. Hi there! How are you? I just wanted to __________ you.

13. Have you _____ anything _____ Oliver since he went to university?


Exercise 2
Replace the underlined phrasal verbs with one from the list with the same meaning.

CALL ___BACK      CALL UP      GET BACK TO      HANG ON      MAKE OUT     TALK TO

1. Can we go back to the point you raised earlier?

2. I can't work out why he did it.

3. I rang Stefan back the following day.

4. Can you hold on for a minute or two?

5. Can I talk with you about this?

6. You can phone up and speak to an adviser at any time.

Exercise 3
Complete the sentences choosing the correct option.

1. Would you mind holding   OUT / ON / BACK  while I call Mr Smith?

2. He is not here at the moment. Can I ask him to call you   UP / BACK / OUT?

3. I will get BACK / OUT / ON to you soon with my decision.

4. The photo is very unclear - I can't make it OUT / UP / OVER very well.

5. He asked her to go to the cinema with him but she turned him  OUT / BACK / DOWN.

6. I've got a proposal I would like to put TRHOUGH / TO / WITH you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario