sábado, 9 de marzo de 2019

SOLUTIONS FCE Use of English PART 4

Here you have the solutions for the 4th part of the FCE exam. It could be easier if you cross the words that are already given in the new sentence, so you can focus on what is necessary to say.
Try to think about expressions or phrasal verbs you may need.
Pay attention to the mistakes and if you still have doubts, write a comment and I will help.


1. She often went abroad on holidays before she got married.
WOULD
She WOULD GO abroad on holidays before she got married.

2. We tend not to eat much at lunchtime.
USUALLY
We DO NOT USUALLY EAT MUCH at lunchtime.

3. I almost always go out on Saturday night.
EVER
I HAVE NOT EVER BEEN at home on Saturday night.

4. The stadium was always full on the day of the cup final.
USED
The stadium USED TO BE full on the day of the cup final.

5. He phones me at work all the time, and I’ve told him not to.
KEEPS
He KEEPS PHONING ME at work and I’ve told him not to.

6. Anna rarely gets less than 70% in her English exam.
RARE
It IS RARE FOR ANNA TO get less than 70% in her English exam.

7. I can’t wait to go on holidays
FORWARD
I’m really LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING on holidays.

8. We’ve been back at school for two weeks and I still find it hard to get up early.
USED
We’ve been back at school for two weeks and I’m still NOT USED TO GETTING up early.

9. Rita, can I borrow your dictionary?
MIND
Rita, DO YOU MIND BORROWING me your dictionary?

10. It’s impossible for me not to laugh when he starts singing.
HELP
I can’t HELP LAUGHING when he starts singing.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario