viernes, 8 de marzo de 2019

FCE Use of English PART 4

This part of the exam is about TRANSFORMATIONS. You are required to create a new sentence with the beggining and the end already provided. It is compulsary to use the word given in capital letters and it mustn't be changed. You need to use between two and five words. The new sentence must have same meaning as the original.
Are you ready for a little practise? You will find tomorrow the solutions. Good luck!


1. She often went abroad on holidays before she got married.
WOULD
She ____________________________abroad on holidays before she got married.

2. We tend not to eat much at lunchtime.
USUALLY
We ____________________________ at lunchtime.

3. I almost always go out on Saturday night.
EVER
I____________________________at home on Saturday night.

4. The stadium was always full on the day of the cup final.
USED
The stadium ____________________________full on the day of the cup final.

5. He phones me at work all the time, and I’ve told him not to.
KEEPS
He ____________________________ at work and I’ve told him not to.

6. Anna rarely gets less than 70% in her English exam.
RARE
It ____________________________get less than 70% in her English exam.

7. I can’t wait to go on holidays
FORWARD
I’m really ____________________________on holidays.

8. We’ve been back at school for two weeks and I still find it hard to get up early.
USED
We’ve been back at school for two weeks and I’m still__________________________up early.

9. Rita, can I borrow your dictionary?
MIND
Rita, ____________________________me your dictionary?

10. It’s impossible for me not to laugh when he starts singing.
HELP
I can’t ____________________________ when he starts singing.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario