domingo, 4 de diciembre de 2016

Linkers, connectors and expressions

PERSONAL OPINION, CONTRAST:

  • In my opinion
  • In my view
  • Personally
  • As far as I am concerned
  • From my point of view
  • On (the) one hand..... on the other hand
  • On the contrary
  • Although
  • In spite of / Despite
  • Anyhow
  • Anyway
  • However / Nevertheless
  • As I see it
  • As far as I know
  • I believe / think
  • It seems to me that
  • I'm convinced that
  • To my mind
  • I (completely) agree / disagree with
  • But
CONCLUSION:
  • In short
  • Finally
  • To sum up
  • In conlusion
  • In the end
  • On balance
ADD INFORMATION:
  • And
  • Not only.... but also
  • As if / As though
  • Apart from
  • In addition / Besides / Futhermore / What's more / Moreover
  • Too 
  • As well
  • Also
  • For instance / For example
  • In the same way
RESULT, REASON, CAUSE:
  • That's why
  • Therefore
  • As a result of
  • Consequently
  • As
  • So
  • Whereas
  • Such a ..... that
  • Because (of this)
  • The main reason is
TIME, SEQUENCING:
  • When
  • As
  • While
  • Meanwhile / In the meantime
  • Previously
  • Since
  • Until then
  • Before 
  • After
  • Later
  • Then
  • As soon as
  • One day
  • At midnight
  • At first / Firstly
  • Secondly
  • Afterwards
  • In the end / Finally
MOST COMMON EXPRESSIONS IN WRITING:
  • According to
  • After all
  • As a matter of fact
  • By the way
  • Considering that
  • Current events
  • Even though
  • If I remember right
  • In general
  • In order to
  • It is believed that
  • By all means
  • By that time
  • It is said that
  • It's time that
  • Otherwise



DO YOU KNOW ANY OTHER EXPRESSION WE CAN ADD TO THE LIST? 
PLEASE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BELOW.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario