miércoles, 23 de marzo de 2016

Tips for writings: OPINION ESSAY

In an opinion essay, we express and justify our personal opinion on a particular subject.

PLAN:
  • Opening: State the topic.
  • Body: Give facts and examples. When you introduce a new idea, begin a new paragraph.
  • Closing: Say your opinion.

EXAMPLE:     Does the Internet cause more harm than good?
  • Opening: Does the Internet cause harm? 
  • Body: 
    • Internet breaks geographical, social and personal barriers.
    • Innocent surfers are not usually harmed by the Internet.
  • Closing: If you use the Internet properly, it will change your life!

USEFUL LANGUAGE:
  • In my opinion
  • As I see it
  • It seems to me that
  • It is clear that
  • I think/feel/believe
  • I agree/disagree
  • Obviously
  • Clearly
  • As far as I'm concerned
  • Personally
  • (Un)Fortunately
  • Of course

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario